Welcome to Top Cat Veterinary Centre
COVID-19 April 2021 UPDATE
Our procedures for Spring.
With the country slowly coming out of lockdown and non-essential retail opening, we would like to update all our clients about how our procedures will run.
We are a small, tight-knit team and we have worked throughout all the lockdown periods to provide the best possible service to our clients and their pets. To continue to do this we must protect our staff from Coronavirus and so until our staff are all vaccinated against Covid we will continue to operate as we have done for the last year, apart from exceptional circumstances (see below). When you attend your appointment please wait in your car.
We hope our clients will understand that we need to take these precautions to protect our staff and our service to you. As the situation changes we will work toward providing a more normal service later in the year.
We would like take this opportunity to thank you all for your patience and your continued support through this difficult time.
- In order to be able to provide a continued and consistent service during the Covid-19 outbreak, we are implementing certain changes in the way we work. In line with BVA recommendations, the following protocols are now in place to help protect both our staff and clients -
- If you attend the surgery for an appointment- please let reception know that you've arrived and then wait in your vehicle. We will then collect your pet from you to examine inside the surgery. We will discuss the consultation with you via telephone and return your pet to you. Please help us to protect the safety of our staff by respecting social distancing measures.
- If you arrive by public transport, or do not have access to a mobile phone, please inform reception.
- Owners may physically attend appointments only in exceptional circumstances such as for euthanasia, please discuss this with the surgery in advance.
- House visits are available but again, please discuss the details by calling the surgery.
- Some repeat prescriptions and certain drugs such as routine flea and worm treatments can be provided by post.
- Routine booster vaccinations can now be carried out.
- In general, appointments are available as before for any illness or injury.
- Our priority is to provide a continuity of care for you and your pet both now and in the future.
- Thank you for you patience